Sparkpea & Buzzen

Guest Johnson

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buzzen and Sparkpea sittin in the tree. C L O N I N G

First comes chatters then comes ddosers

here comes msn with some cease and desist orders.

lol err0r. You never cease to amaze me with your witty nature. :)

as for the clones .. if i ever do decide to come back to chat .. it'll be to one of two servers

Koach's server or Vsixc chat .. i don't think i'll put much effort into chat servers that might and might not be around for long !

That's another thing I don't understand--why people spend time and energy making scripts for clone sites, when those clones could be shut down by MSN any day. Personally I had enough of MSN wasting my time by messing up my script on MSN chat--even if I didn't fundamentally disagree with clones, I still wouldn't waste my time scripting on them, and risk letting MSN close a clone down, and force me to redo yet ANOTHER script version for some place else.

I think VSIXc will last long :) .And err0r excellent rhyming :P .

lol I agree cryton. :)

Edited by Deanne

You see, thats the thing. MSN cannot, and will never close Sparkpea. Sure they can order the site not to supply links to the OCX, but for them to do so, they would have to be actively seen to be chasing every site on the globe that supplies a link to theyre software. Also, i can tell you havent spent much time on Sparkpea? The servers are largely IRCX (Sure it supports MSN OCX, it also supports WebTV) but that isnt the point.

I beleive that the only connection method to buzzen is via an IRC8 authentication? Not the case with Sparkpea or phreik. So yeah, even without any msn software, the 2 latters sites could still very much function. Buzzen (from where i am standing) could not.

Also, this is @ Molson, on the topic of 'buzzen needs donations, sparkpea doesnt, look who can take 5000 users , look who cannot'

This is not a personal opinion, this is plain fact.

Every other 'clone' had at least a 1 year's head start on Sparkpea. So its natural that those sites should have such an advantage. This is not my point, my point is that on the Sparkpea. There was some tweaks done lately, and it can now hold well in excess of 5000 people. Surely you have noticed a massive improvement (ive seen your nickname there recently).

Cant remember who said 'Koach's server or Vsixc chat .. i don't think i'll put much effort into chat servers that might and might not be around for long !'

The clones have all be round quite a long time already. And there is no reason why they shouldnt be around for some time to come. Even seen some sites now cloning the Microsoft tech net Chats. The ones that support IRC[X] can easily adopt (not a question of if) when the MSN ocx does become redundant.

Guest X-Fusion
The reason it's been around for so long is because the MSN ocx was actively in use through the Microsoft network. So, to say that they cant take clone sites down is ridicuolous. It's copyright infringement, and if you dont believe me, read through the terms and conditions you got when you signed up for MSN chat.

:stupid: BCSCHATNT13- Please contribute a few Dollars to help finance our work and to help Buzzen pay for its cost and to develop it further. How can you help us? It's simple, to help Buzzen pay for its costs, you can click on our advertisements on the site sometimes a day!:)

BCSCHATNT13- Why would you do that? Well, if you help Buzzen, we will use the money to even make this site more enjoyable to its visitors. Donations will be used to help pay rising costs of services and to help Buzzen to become the best Communication site in the world :lmaojump:

I always wondered where my Garden Peas had run of to........ it SPARKED a riot on the net :stupid: