sparkpea

Webagent007

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Hello,

On behalf of SparkPea yes we are smaller than others such as Buzzen but we are also larger than others that I have seen posted around - We take pride in helping new users and - it seems that scripters enjoy to code on our server.

To any other server out there I wish you nothing but the best - let us be honest the majority of us ended up here because we started on MSN. They have now- or very soon- ended. That is a closure to a part of scripting/chatting/coding- and 'the good old days' yet it will bring alot of people to ALOT of other places.

I wish one and all the best where ever the choose to go.

Remember one thing - all servers are in it together- to provide a free chat for everyone one to keep in touch and communicate with old friends and new.

Kind Regards where ever you may roam,

PNL

firstly i need to state that i use to be a member of staff and helped create sparkpea chat just so you guys know where im comming from on this reply

so here is a little General info about sparkpea

the sparkpea chat server is not any thing like paperirc, wavserver the old ignition server or any thing else remotly like that

the server has been coded 100% from scratch internally so its all there own work (coded in what i can't say ), just a few of us that knew about each type of chat protocall put out heads together and continuly work update adding new featurs

and also were not an msn emulation site either (although the msn chat controll is supported on the site its not out only chat interface !)

at first it started off just as your basic irc server as any would then from there we added in support for ircx, ircxpro, ircd (not to shure will have to chek on that), and then finally we had a few users come over from msn and we though well seeing as they alredy have the msn chat controll installed on there system why not meerly code the server to permit usage doing it that way dosent break any copywright laws or any thing like that as long as they have the ocx installed from the msn site (that means where the cab files are hosted just incase ne one was wondering every thing to do with the ocx being installed is left down to microsoft ) then we said hey we got the irc7 version working y not implamnet the irc8 protocalls also so we coded them in too then though to our selvs hmm now about microsoft comic chat so we coded in irc5 protocalls then when we had a few users that where having problems with the ocx and the irc side fo the site we though it would be a good idea to have a java chat controll (this was implamented at the time i was a staff memeber how ever i dont know if this is still avalible)on the site too to allow users to freely choose what chat controll they can use on the site,

and with thanx to webby i over the past year or so have solowly in my spare time been coding a vb chat controll that will once finished replace msn's chat controll entierly.

reguards

Terminal-Access

aka

Lee

firstly i need to state that i use to be a member of staff and helped create sparkpea chat just so you guys know where im comming from on this reply

so here is a little General info about sparkpea

the sparkpea chat server is not any thing like paperirc, wavserver the old ignition server or any thing else remotly like that

the server has been coded 100% from scratch internally so its all there own work (coded in what i can't say ), just a few of us that knew about each type of chat protocall put out heads together and continuly work update adding new featurs

and also were not an msn emulation site either (although the msn chat controll is supported on the site its not out only chat interface !)

at first it started off just as your basic irc server as any would then from there we added in support for ircx, ircxpro, ircd (not to shure will have to chek on that), and then finally we had a few users come over from msn and we though well seeing as they alredy have the msn chat controll installed on there system why not meerly code the server to permit usage doing it that way dosent break any copywright laws or any thing like that as long as they have the ocx installed from the msn site (that means where the cab files are hosted just incase ne one was wondering every thing to do with the ocx being installed is left down to microsoft ) then we said hey we got the irc7 version working y not implamnet the irc8 protocalls also so we coded them in too then though to our selvs hmm now about microsoft comic chat so we coded in irc5 protocalls then when we had a few users that where having problems with the ocx and the irc side fo the site we though it would be a good idea to have a java chat controll (this was implamented at the time i was a staff memeber how ever i dont know if this is still avalible)on the site too to allow users to freely choose what chat controll they can use on the site,

and with thanx to webby i over the past year or so have solowly in my spare time been coding a vb chat controll that will once finished replace msn's chat controll entierly.

reguards

Terminal-Access

aka

Lee

Hey Ozzy

It Would Be Great If You Would Remove My MSHS Banner Off Your Site

Thanks Hiz

Guest XploziOn

Because if you use your head & think before you speak for a change it might be that i was reading this topic as Hiz posted what he did. Duh!!!!!!!

P.S. (Hint) Im like a stock broker on wall Street.

Edited by XploziOn