2012 - The Mayans - Is It Time ?

Snoopz

Utter baloney. The bible also says "God" created the universe and placed Adam and Eve on Earth to populate it but we (and scientific evidence) all know that didn't happen (that story also promotes incest.. "Gods" beautiful work huh?).

2012 will be a year like any other year, unpredictable and eventful yet the planet will continue to turn and the sun will still shine.

The whole thing about the supermoon will have happened millions of times throughout history and we're still here aren't we? There is always some crazy fool thinking the world is going to end next year because the aliens will destroy us, because the planets align or the devil walks the earth.

Edited by sirfunny

The "japan thing" is not a new development. Southern Japan is located in the "Ring of Fire" About 90% of the world's earthquakes and 80% of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire. Ten percent of the world's active volcanoes are found in Japan. Japan suffers earthquakes on a pretty regular basis compared to most areas of the world. They are the leading nation when it comes to building infrastructure to withstand earthquakes because they know they are going to happen. The earthquake in itself isn't what caused the devastation. It was the Tsunami wave. The earthquake occurred under water and while felt on land it did very little damage. The Tsunami is what caused all the death and destruction. There really is little you can do to protect yourself in the event of a Tsunami. In recorded history there have been at least 195 Tsunamis and i'm sure each time there was one, there were people that were quick to attribute it to some end of the world prediction. Yet we are still here. It doesn't take the Mayans or Nostradamus to predict bad things will happen if you live in an area where 90% of the world's earthquakes occur. Every part of the world deals with their own propensity for natural disasters. In my area it's tornadoes. You can only cheat the numbers for so long. The longer we are all around the chances very bad things will happen to people and areas increases. My town has never been hit by a big tornado. But we have had many many close calls. The law of averages will at some point win out and my town will probably get one. Could be tomorrow, a year from now, 20 years from now, or maybe never. It's like that with all natural disasters. Bottom line is earthquakes aren't a new occurance or even an isolated one in Japan.

The "japan thing" is not a new development. Southern Japan is located in the "Ring of Fire" About 90% of the world's earthquakes and 80% of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire. Ten percent of the world's active volcanoes are found in Japan. Japan suffers earthquakes on a pretty regular basis compared to most areas of the world. They are the leading nation when it comes to building infrastructure to withstand earthquakes because they know they are going to happen. The earthquake in itself isn't what caused the devastation. It was the Tsunami wave. The earthquake occurred under water and while felt on land it did very little damage. The Tsunami is what caused all the death and destruction. There really is little you can do to protect yourself in the event of a Tsunami. In recorded history there have been at least 195 Tsunamis and i'm sure each time there was one, there were people that were quick to attribute it to some end of the world prediction. Yet we are still here. It doesn't take the Mayans or Nostradamus to predict bad things will happen if you live in an area where 90% of the world's earthquakes occur. Every part of the world deals with their own propensity for natural disasters. In my area it's tornadoes. You can only cheat the numbers for so long. The longer we are all around the chances very bad things will happen to people and areas increases. My town has never been hit by a big tornado. But we have had many many close calls. The law of averages will at some point win out and my town will probably get one. Could be tomorrow, a year from now, 20 years from now, or maybe never. It's like that with all natural disasters. Bottom line is earthquakes aren't a new occurance or even an isolated one in Japan.

Exactly. They are so used to it, when the actual earthquake was happening.. most of them were probably like "meh, another one. such an inconvenience to my day". Then you get all of the crazies and bible bashers saying the planet is going to disappear into oblivion at any second.