Regulated Internet????

CharmedOne

Guest Travis

Barak Obama: "... we have to ensure free and full exchange of information. ... Because once providers start to privilege some applications or websites over others, then the smaller voices get squeezed out and we all lose."

I couldn't have said it better myself. Kind of the opposite of what Glen Beck said Barak's position is isn't it?

glenn becks job is the same as most commentary type programs. They use shocking commentary and most of the time half truths in order to attract viewers. It's like anything else in the world. Drama brings in the viewers which in turn brings in the money. Beck's job isn't to inform, it's to get ppl to watch. He has the best of both worlds. He has the ppl that like him tuning in as well as the people that hate him. Apparently he is good at his job.

You just have to take it all with a grain of salt. This isn't news reality. It's reality news. Anyone that watches any "Reality" shows knows what I'm talking about.

I think debating on how great a job obama is doing is rather pointless at this juncture. Universal health care is a very nice idea. But being healthy in an economy where you can't afford to live or eat isn't an answer either. You can be the most healthy bum living under the bridge digging through the trash for food. I'm looking for more. But i'm realistic enough to know what i'm looking for can't be done overnight. I want the government we were promised and lawfully deserve. A government of the people, by the people, and FOR the people. Not for the lobbyists. Not for themselves. I want things like import/export reform. I'd like to see american companies that are actually based in the U.S. have a chance to put a product into the market place that can compete with oversea's products in price. I'd also like to see the american worker take pride in the product they make. Have a company that gives a damn about the people that work for them. Treat them like you need them and they might even decide the work they do is actually an investment in their own future. I'd like to see the United States spend more time worrying bout the United States and less time meddling in the affairs of other countries. We can't help others at the cost of hurting ourselves. There is nothing wrong with the system we have. But the system can't function as it is intended if the people in the system cheat, bypass, or try to corrupt the system. The sad truth is the ppl that are supposed to be FOR us are only FOR themselves. I think the people of the U.S. feel a major disconnect from the people that are chosen to run it. How many of you that are from the US feel the government is working hard everyday and sacrificing to help the U.S. as a whole and not just out to help those with the money and the power.

• 3 months later...

Your country desires more than 2 options, I see it all the time, but nobody at the top will allow it. Other teams try, but they are cut out of the debates, the media makes fun of them, tells the people that watch TV the other parties don't have a chance, basically guiding along the agenda, and confining the people to decide between the 2 parties. Its like a football league with only 2 teams, where one team wins about 65% of the time. Not much diversity can go on if only 2 teams are allowed to play...and that would be why nothing the people want to happen actually happens. They divide and concour, and they made up this false left and right paradigm where everyone needs to fall under one, and call all appear to be a set up. I would be willing to guess that most would not choose to fall out of that left and right thing, and do their own thing, but they are constantly being hurded under one of them, not really given a chance to broaden their horizons, as the media tends to deam their ideas to be on the fringe.

Edited by Shagman