Buzzen Non Socket Connection

err0r

i just figured it out a few days ago.. i was talking to chuck about it and used the debug in webchat to see how it was working. i would set the client mode cd1 do names then unset it. not the greatest of methods but it will work

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Travis

Well thats great to know for my non-socket buzzen connection.

So when you dc it closes the connection but the channel window should stay open. Does it reset clientmode? Do you have to change it back before joining again after DC?

Edited by Travis

i made an alias that set's clientmode cd1 does names then on the end of names raw it does raw CLIENTMODE cd2 not sure if that is proper but it seems to work for me

I was only messing with it for possible use with a nicklist. You would just about have to use a custom nicklist if you use clientmode cd1 in non sock as the profile codes show in mirc's nicklist when it's on.

Guest Travis

And that there is a benefit of using a socket to connect. You egt al the info before mIRC does so you can choose to manipulate it. In this instance you strip off the profile codes from nicknames, then send it to mIRC as a raw 353.

/raw clientmode cd2 is correct.

yeah there are pros and cons to either way.. it's just erroneous to say that one way or the other doesn't allow you to access certain features. there are somethings i like better using a socket connection and some i like better using a non socket. i would suggest whatever way you are most comfortable with is the one you should go with.. if you like sockets use sockets if you don't then don't. I prefer nonsocket because of all the servers i connect to. I'll stress there really is nothing that you are unable do with either. Both will do function on buzzen. As travis said if you want to be able to control things before it's sent to mirc then use a socket conn. If not just use mirc plainly. In the end it's all raws, notices, etc. Either way can handle them all.

• 7 months later...

I have started my own sockless connection for use on multi servers I have found there is a few pros to sock but with the right work around every thing works nice

I plan to be able to release a beta in the next week or so any one wishing to test for me let me know Im very open to any ones idleas people may have to improve this