Ircx Servers?

darkcypher

Hey guys..

I've tested out IRCXPro/OfficeIRC, but as you know this runs off windows, and a windows VPS is almost double that of a unix, so the question is, are there any unix ircx servers out there which i could use?

I prefer IRCX alot over any other IRC, so it would be a shame to run a general IRC server. And without the server in action i can't try and make a deal with a friend of mine, and i don't want to shell out the double price of a windows VPS if it doesn't work out.

Hope you guy can help, cheers.

Guest X-Fusion

I believe your only choice would be to use InspIRCd, which I know isn't what your looking for but I don't think any IRCx servers support unix.

I was reading the 'Chat' thread in this forum, and someone mentioned pyrcx, which is coded in python, which is unix compatable and also mentioned he'd give out the source to anyone interested, does anyone have a copy of the source or a compiled version or even contact details to this guy? I check the irc he stated, and it was down and also sent an email to the email on his site and got a postmaster repsonse.

OfficeIRC + mono + cofee :x

I got an email saying i had a privmsg so i responded, unfortunitely i no longer share the source, many headaches have come about from sharing source(i.e. admin snooping peoples passwords and privmsgs, wannabe hackers trying to be funny, etc...) so if you'd like i can setup a compiled version you can use, it will work on any OS you throw it at with python 2.5.1 installed.

but unless someone comes along with massive python and python socket knowledge i wont be sharing source...sorry

• 11 months later...
Hey guys..

I've tested out IRCXPro/OfficeIRC, but as you know this runs off windows, and a windows VPS is almost double that of a unix, so the question is, are there any unix ircx servers out there which i could use?

I prefer IRCX alot over any other IRC, so it would be a shame to run a general IRC server. And without the server in action i can't try and make a deal with a friend of mine, and i don't want to shell out the double price of a windows VPS if it doesn't work out.

Hope you guy can help, cheers.

New version of OfficeIRC released today which includes support for Mono. It will work on any Unix platform with mono-basic 2.2 or higher. Tested and works fine on NetBSD 4.0.1 and OpenSUSE 11.1.

• 4 years later...