Do You Think

JOhnson

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I want to move Sparkpea forward, I'm having a time finding help with a new web chat for the server. I did some digging and found this on: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2015/01/22/project-spartan-and-the-windows-10-january-preview-build.aspx Down the page a bit I found this from Microsoft.

"Spartan provides compatibility with the millions of existing enterprise web sites designed for Internet Explorer. To achieve this, Spartan loads the IE11 engine for legacy enterprise web sites when needed, while using the new rendering engine for modern web sites. This approach provides both a strong compatibility guarantee for legacy enterprise web sites and a forward looking interoperable web standards promise.

We recognize some enterprises have legacy web sites that use older technologies designed only for Internet Explorer, such as custom ActiveX controls and Browser Helper Objects. For these users, Internet Explorer will also be available on Windows 10. Internet Explorer will use the same dual rendering engines as Spartan, ensuring web developers can consistently target the latest web standards."

I seriously want the OCX gone, and this will happen when it's supposed to happen.

Edited by TacticalThunder

you can argue all day long about windows 10 and their new browser called "Edge" and whether it will work better then Internet Explorer or whether it will be compatible with msn ocx ... I have spoken to a number of people and they have told me sooner then lose a chat network like sparkpea they will keep either windows 7 or 8, 8.1 and Internet Explorer ... not everyone will want to upgrade to windows 10 I am sure of that so how can Microsoft get rid of Internet Explorer ?

that's only going to work in the short time.. People said the same thing about xp. You see the numbers of xp users declining every day. You can't hold back progress no matter how much you want to. At some point you have to adapt to the times. The future of technology grows in leaps and bounds every day. As I said in my previous post. No matter what I think sparkpea will be ok as long as they continue to have support from their dedicated users and staff.

Sounds like your in the same boat as me TacticalThunder the only difference is i refuse to run the ocx setup i have now. I'd rather run something under par until i can get something more permanent in place, at least there arnt many connection issues doing it that way . Perhaps we can talk one day and nut out a solution that works for us both. be it a custom made script or something some ones willing to part with , im sure we can come up with something . I'd even be willing to share the cost of a custom build if needs be.. Would be a win win for all :D

:lmaojump: I understand what you are saying about progress and I am one of them that will take that progress one day at a time ...

No matter what I think sparkpea will be ok as long as they continue to have support from their dedicated users and staff.

on a point of note if you get my drift ... it doesn't matter how much support and dedication you have from staff and users if you dont have a good tech, developer / webmaster ect and funds things will not happen and progress ceases to be ... you have to open your options and look forward ASP as time / progress waits for no man :D

with changing technology you don't always need a good developer on your staff. You might just need 3rd party software that is developed by someone else. For example i remember when phpnuke came out and all of a sudden every person had their own full featured website and they had no clue about how to build one. Never know what tomorrow might bring.