Microsoft Security Essentials

JOhnson

:oops: Question ... Is microsoft security essentials a good anti-virus ... why do I ask because I am hopefully going to attach something that was sent to me ... I also hope that some of the members will be able to read the attachment and comment on it ... as always thank you for any replies on this one :D

post-27425-0-77972600-1382174546_thumb.jpg

• Site Moderator

For free its ok, but its not the best, as microsoft has stated many times. It's average but still helps. I use it just for the fact it dosent have a huge reource that takes space on your comp like the others.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro/

• Site Moderator

I've never liked security essentials. Every system I've ever installed it on lags out. As soon as i remove it the system runs fine again. My current security suite consists of Eset Smart Security and Malwarebytes.

in windows 8 you should't have to install anything as windows 8 comes with it own system and by using windows app you are less likely to catch a virus or back door Trajan

• Site Moderator

Well to begin with if u read about microsoft and windows they suggest for you to get other means of protection as they themselves say there software is not 100% perfect as they made it 50% and reason was that they wanted others to accept the challenge in making protection. so it is best to get another source of protection. me myself i hate nortons and there resource hogs system and trend sucks also. to each his own !!