Ircwx Updates

err0r

As many of you know Buzzen chat network uses IRCwx by net-bits. Net-Bits is now working on an updated version of the software called Panther. It is now in the testing phase with planned release Sept 1st 2013. You can test it out @ http://www.flashirc.info/roomslist.aspx

For mIRC users you can use /server ircwxbeta.flashirc.info

Auth is still the same.

From net-bits

IRCwx Server Panther is 2nd generation of low memory, high concurrency, and performance IRCwx Server completely rewritten for 64bit.

As for as I know this is first 64bit server for IRC, but it is not just 64bit. Data synchronization components of the engine are designed and built to efficiently perform on server boxes with large number of cores (1000+) and process massive amount of real time data (also know as fast data). This is a big improvement over gen-1 server which was 32bit and had standard server synchronization architecture.

You will not notice a lot of "new" features as this update is to mainly deal with server stability and performance especially when dealing with a high number of connections.

Most of the changes revolve around this.

One new feature: Kline and Zline has been replaced with SACCESS on the new server. This works much better than *line on this server and works very much like the normal ACCESS.

One of the major changes that will affect mIRC users will be the change the passport.

Ident format has changed on the new server. New server is planned to go on production on 1-sep-2013 So there is a month to update scripts for the new ident format.
Test server to check the new ident format: http://www.flashirc.info/roomslist.aspx

You will notice on the new server that the address will have some added information.

example:

1.cb454b.10_008ab09d50a55fa53872f94dda786b3f@

The first number #.1 represents how many instances of the gate

The second string ????. is a random string

after that is the true gate

DO NOT USE THIS FULL GATE FOR ACCESS ENTRIES AS IT WILL CHANGE

The only part you should use is the 10_008ab09d50a55fa53872f94dda786b3f

At times the address will include all 3 parts and sometimes only 2. You will need to make edits to any parts of your script that uses the full gate.

To follow announcements about IRCwx please visit their Twitter Page.

There will be stricter limits on the amount of wildcard entries you can have in room access. To ensure you comply with these limits users are instructed to include the full gate minus the [.] parts discussed in the previous post. Using $address($nick,1) is no longer recommended. Using the full gate as eb61918b9162d521fd734372d1aaa8cc@BuzzenPassport or eb61918b9162d521fd734372d1aaa8cc is the best approach.

• 3 weeks later...

mm think it might be time for me to try my hand at a script again lol

If i have the time , i am sure i could come up with something in a few days.