Should I Update My Mirc Exe To The New 7.1

err0r

As most of you should know, the new mIRC 7* is out of beta and now has released it's first stable rc. Now the question is should you update or not.

If you are on windows 7 and you have been having trouble with 6.35 it really is a no brainer. You should update.

If you use connections such as vincula, soulfly, moschino, etc, you are probably going to run into trouble by updating.

If any of your dialogs are trying to decode nicks it's not going to work correctly. Your best bet if you just have to update is to find the decode alias and use return $1- | halt and bypass the decoding alias.

Nicks will be decoded in dialogs now automatically but only if you use a normal list. Using a dll such as mdx or dcx to try and decode nicks will not work nor will they decode them on their own. The dlls will have to be modified to handle them.

Using dcx to style your mirc default menus seems to also cause an issue on trying to render submenus.

Hopefully at some point the creators of these dlls will address the issue but for now unless you are currently having big issues with mIRC v 6.35 I WOULD NOT update to v7.1 if you are using the above mentioned connections.

If any others find issues or have opinions on this subject by all means let me know.